Another Asgardian Family Squabble?


Credit: Marvel Studios
For those of y’all that know me, know that behind my obsession with Sarah Vickers’ instagram aesthetic & brightly hued Kate Spade dresses, lies a ferocious little fangirl who geeks out over all things Marvel (and pretty much anything else). That being said, Thor has never been my favorite Avenger. Don’t get me wrong, I think Chris Hemsworth is perfect for the role and I adore the shit out of Loki, but in my opinion the first two movies were lacking a certain spark. Thor: Ragnarok, on the other hand, was a breath of fresh air that had me laughing until my sides hurt and crying like a crazy person (don’t judge me, I am 100% HERE for a Loki redemption arc). To be honest, I’ve gone to see this movie twice in the last month (my wallet is shaming me as we speak) but it was just too good not to. I will admit, on opening night I was a little apprehensive of what was to come... but not even 30 seconds in, Thor: Ragnarok earned my complete forgiveness for its predecessors.  


Credit: Marvel Studios
With few returning characters, including Odin (Anthony Hopkins) & Heimdall (Idris Elba), I was under the assumption that the plot would feel empty… I was dead wrong. Even though many of the badass women we’ve grown to love (namely Darcy Lewis, Jane Foster, Lady Sif, and Queen Frigga) do not make an appearance, we get some pretty amazing female additions to the cast including an often drunk ex-Valkyrie and a revenge-filled Goddess of Death - played by none other than Cate Blanchett. Not to mention we finally received the long-awaited reappearance of the Hulk! Adding in cameos from the likes of Stan Lee, Matt Damon, Luke Hemsworth, & Benedict Cumberbatch, Thor: Ragnarok was packed with great talent, epic battle sequences, and an awesome storyline. My favorite newcomers, however, would have to be Jeff Goldblum’s Grand Master & Karl Urban’s Skurge - of course the Trekkie in me couldn’t help but make the same joke every time our favorite space doctor came on screen. In all seriousness, Thor: Ragnarok blew my expectations right out of the water. If you need me, I'll be kneeling before what should be considered the greatest blockbuster of 2017 (right behind Wonder Woman, of course).
Love,

Alison Nash

P.S. - Who can guess what Star Trek joke I’m referring to? Follow me on twitter to find out!

Credit: Marvel Studios

Comments